Wednesday 21 August 2013

From last resort to a successful trend

I'm not going to consider myself properly published yet because my debut novel was put on a print-on-demand server and assigned an ISBN. I've only recently discovered this - and understood it.

I can't wait to start over and self publish my saga and this is why:

Every part of the creative process is within my control and because the playing field is level - everyone has the same resources to sell their book thanks to the Internet - the factors needed to succeed (passion and persistence) are within my power.

Publishing houses used to have monopoly over everything, but now we have an up surge of freelancing professionals to help us create amazing books, social media exists where you can build your own community free of charge and we don't have to take huge financial risks.

The physical book format that we know and love is evolving, stretching and changing. So is the way in which we read a story. Apps, eBooks and reading devices no bigger than your palm bring about the ability to share, discuss and interact with content.

It's so exciting... and who knows what's coming next!

No comments:

Post a Comment