Saturday 6 February 2016

Evening Class by Maeve Binchy

So with all the commuting I'm doing now, I'm reading like crazy and averaging about a book a week! Which is great because I always did want to read more...

I'm a massive fan of MB and this was another excellent story coming from lots of different perspectives, but then she brings it altogether as the book progresses. I love the way the characters are all part of each others lives before we even know it. MB does storytelling so well and the plot unfolds effortlessly.

This particular story piqued my interest because it was about a group of people all learning Italian together and the reasons why such an odd bunch came to the same class in the first place. I have an idea for a story along these lines and reading Evening Class was the perfect homework to see how to make it work and develop the different themes of people's lives, to the point they are all drawing strength from one another and working towards a common goal.

If you love studying human nature and effortless storytelling, you will love this book. Another wonderful, heartwarming, gossipy read from MB.

No comments:

Post a Comment