Saturday 13 February 2016

Love Virtually by Daniel Glattauer

Picture


It is so great being able to read so much all of a sudden! Makes the commuting almost bearable!

This was in a pile of books my sister gave me and I was surprised I'd never come across it before. It seems to have made quite a splash about 5 years ago.

The story is about a love affair conducted entirely by email and every time they attempt to meet up, something happens to stop them.

Spoiler alert: the book ends on a complete cliffhanger and I can't wait to read the next one.

I read this in three days, but what it's done to me is quite interesting. I've lost all desire to email people! The correspondence between these two shows just how much of a message can be misinterpreted, misread, ignored and abandoned - and just how much innocent words can be taken completely out of context. The insecurity resulting from a harmless email is both insanely comical and unbelievable, as well as being heart breaking for the person who puts themselves regularly through all of that. Yes, we've all been there! I'm beginning to think emails should be used for quick and efficient office communication only!

No comments:

Post a Comment