Monday 29 June 2015

Your priority pursuit

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. ~ Thomas Merton

I would include any creative activity you enjoy in that statement. It's wonderful to get lost in my creative projects and my writing, the movies or the theatre... Come to think of it, any pursuit I feel passionate about. The problem is, I have a lot to choose from - comedy, opera, sitcoms, travelling, music, walking, reading, swimming, taking photos, making scrapbooks... which might be the reason for the anxiety I sometimes feel. I have too much going on!

Sharing Rubin's insights on this particular topic from her book The Happiness Project, she suggests scaling it right back, singling out one thing and pursuing it as a priority:

"But whatever your passion might be, happiness research predicts that making time for a passion and treating it as a real priority instead of an 'extra' to be fitted in at a free moment (which many people practically never have) will bring a tremendous happiness boost."

No comments:

Post a Comment