Monday 25 May 2015

"Hasta Luego Central America!"

PictureWas tempted to try this!

This time last month... Today Olivia wanted to climb another active volcano but I said no way!!! I'd already decided a while back that I was going to treat myself to a lovely hour and a half full body massage - and most importantly, NOT climb any hills or volcanoes or indeed anything going upwards.


We had our last brekky together; relaxing at Fernandos again, but without the rushing to be somewhere. It made a welcome change!


Picture
Craft lady at work whilst we ate breakfast. Fascinating to watch
We took a walk around town to get some more photos and to soak up the weekend atmosphere on the streets. There was some kind of celebration going on tonight because Arch Avenue was closed off to cars. We saw two other volcanoes in the distance, but the one Olivia was climbing later on, Pacaya, is not visible from Antigua town centre. So off she went to hike in the heat and I took a quick shower and then headed back out to Mayan Sun spa for my massage. It was heavenly!

Later than evening, we met up again and went for our last dinner together. The guy on Reception recommended Quesos so we ordered pasta and enjoyed our private dining, reflecting on the amazing trip we'd just completed.
 
 
As I packed my bags for the final time and put most of my clothes in a designated "dirty washing bag", it dawned on me just how much I was looking forward to using a washing machine for a change. They were smelly with a capital S. I swear I haven't perspired this much since Thailand! It sure is the little things I look forward to after being on tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment