Sunday 31 May 2015

Meaningful tune of the trip

Music has always been such a big part of my life and there's nothing better I like to do than listening to it whilst I'm travelling, especially on long bus / car journeys.

I'll always remember driving the Skeleton Coast in Namibia listening to local artists with my driver. It was so atmospheric and something I'll never forget.

It stands to reason then that I'll have a meaningful tune - and this is Fink's Looking Too Closely. I remember the first time I played it on this trip. We were leaving Costa Rica and driving to the Nicaraguan border. I was already feeling so fulfilled with what I'd accomplished in the first of the five countries, but then, without warning the emotion and pent up feelings of the last year released and I found myself staring out of the window with tears in my eyes.
It was magical to get rid of all of those negative feelings. I was on a bus full of people and yet having such a private moment. I won't forget it.




No comments:

Post a Comment